Are you between 7 and 17?
Junior Derby provides pre-teens and teens with the ability to learn about roller derby in a safe and empowering environment. Girls will learn the basics of roller derby, rollerskating, and will eventually be a part of a competitive junior roller derby team. Unlike adult roller derby, junior derby will only include positional blocking which means less hitting and a greater focus on developing all the skills necessary to become a future Denali Destroyer Doll!
So now what? Well, there are some things you need to know.
- There is a $20 fee due monthly. DDD Junior Derby is a non-profit organization and derby costs money! This fee helps cover the cost of practice space, training materials and medical supplies.
- Participating in roller derby requires primary and secondary medical insurance coverage. You are responsible for providing primary medical insurance and mandatory secondary medical insurance coverage is available from USA Rollersports (USARS). Coverage is $40/year. More information here.
- Practice is held at the Borough Gym, 350 E Dahlia Palmer, Alaska and run September through May.
Got all that? Great!
Come to practice and check it out, or contact Recruiting!
- Introduce yourself, and we will be happy to discuss everything and anything with you.
- Pick up application forms, and provide a copy of your primary insurance card, a check to cover fees and a government issued ID (drivers license, state ID, passport, military ID, or official birth certificate).
- Get some gear! Anyone who wants to skate needs a few things: a helmet, a mouth guard, knee & elbow pads, wrist guards, and quad speed skates (no inline skates allowed!). 2N1 Skate Shoppe.